TP-Link is one of the leading providers for networking hardware like the wireless router, modem, range repeater, Ethernet cords, access points etc.
Besides dealing mostly in the routers and modems, TP-Link also produces some of the best long range Wi-Fi range extenders that are used for enhancing the wireless connectivity of a network.
The TP-Link range repeaters also need to be configured as we used to configure the routers. The users can access the TP-Link extender’s setup window through web domain www.tplinkwifi.net or through its default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
TP-Link RE500 AC1900 range extender
Configuring the TP-Link range repeater through WPS button
The TP-Link range extenders are the devices used to append and boost up the existing poor Wi-Fi signal strength of the wireless network. The TP-Link range repeaters eradicate almost all the dead zones in a wireless network.
Follow some easy steps mentioned below in order to set up the extender within few minutes.
- Unbox your TP-Link range repeater and check if all the essential components are enclosed in it like the power cords, Ethernet cords, and user manual etc.
- Now, as we are using the WPS mode of connection for the extender, we don’t need any of the Ethernet cables or any other cord whatever it may be.
- Now connect your TP-Link wireless range extender to power outlet nearby your existing wireless router.
- Switch on the power supply of the extender and the router as well. Wait for the WPS lights on both the devices to get on.
- Now, press the WPS button on your router and within 2 minutes you have to press the WPS button of your range extender.
Note – It is recommended that you should press the WPS button of your extender as soon as the WPS button of the router is pressed.
- Once you have pushed the WPS button of your router and range extender, the WPS lights on both these networking devices will blink.
- If the WPS lights on both the devices i.e. router and the range extenders don’t blink, then you will have to press the WPS button again till the lights on the equipment doesn’t blink.
- It is important to note that the WPS method of connection takes minimum 2 minutes of time, so the user has to wait for at least 2 minutes before proceeding any further.
- Now, check the indicator LED of your wireless signal in the range extender. IF it is on, then the connection is set up and you are ready to use the extender wireless range of signals.
- Once the range extender is set up in the network, just place the extender at an appropriate place according to your convenience and better Wi-Fi signal cover.
- You don’t need to perform the steps mentioned above always. Just plug and play.
Connecting the TP-Link range extender over the Wi-Fi
The TP-Link wireless range extender can also be set up, connected and configured over the Wi-Fi system of the devices. Below is the detailed guide of configuring the extender with the router.
- Open the router and connect it to power supply near your Wi-Fi router.
- Switch on the power supply and wait for WLAN light to get stable on it.
- Now, open the wireless section in the bottom right portion of your PC and look for the available wireless networks.
- Connect your PC to the TP-Link range extender SSID. It will get connected without prompting for a passkey.
- Now, open the web browser and access the extender configuration page through the web address tplinkwifi.net and proceed.
- Authenticate the access page with a default username and the password.
Follow rest of the instructions on the screen carefully to add the extender to your home router.