Tp-Link is one of the foremost providers for networking hardware to the users. They provide very reliable and user-friendly routers and accessories. Their routers contain highly advanced features that the user can gain access to after logging in to the router. The login process is very easy and only takes a couple of minutes. The user can simply open an internet browser on the device that is connected to the router and type www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar of the browser. The user will then be taken directly to the login page of the router. There, the user will be prompted to enter the default information regarding the router. The default username and password is “admin” for most of the TP-Link routers. The username and password are case sensitive.
The web domain www.tplinkwifi.net is the web domain name that is used to login to the routers. The router recognizes the web domain name and automatically translates it to the default IP address of the router. Then the user is taken straightaway to the login page of the router. After logging in, the web-based interface will appear where the user can complete the initial setup and installation process with the help of the on-screen instructions.
Only after logging in to the router can the user gain access to the advanced features of the router such as the Guest Network, Parental Controls, Media Prioritization, Network Speed Test, to change the username and password of the router and to update the firmware of the TP Link router. The firmware needs to be updated so that the router remains capable to connect to any latest media devices. The new firmware also makes sure that the security on the router is kept up to date so that the router and all the sensitive information that passes through the router. All the sensitive information of the user such as the private information, their banking information when they buy something online, their emails and the passwords and more. The new firmware also fixes any bugs or previously faced issues with the router. The new firmware might also bring some new features to the router and provide overall enhanced speed boosts.
Here, we will show you the troubleshooting steps to setup and login to the TP Link routers.
Here are the steps to setup the TP Link router for the first time:
- Connect the desktop computer to any of the LAN ports of the router using the Ethernet cable. It is recommended that the initial setup is done with the help of a desktop computer. Make sure the connections are made properly.
- Now, connect the modem to the WLAN port of the router using another Ethernet cable. Make sure the connections are made properly.
- Switch off the modem, router and the desktop computer and switch them on. Wait for all the devices to finish booting up.
- Open up an internet browser of your choice and type www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar and press enter. A login page will display.
- When the login page has displayed, it will prompt you to type in the default information for your router. The default username and password are “admin” for both cases. If the user cannot access the Quick Setup via the default password, then there is a chance that the user might have changed the password. Try logging in with any other passwords. It that fails too, then the router needs to be reset in order to restore it back to its factory default settings.
- After you have logged in, the Quick Setup will display. Click Next to start personalizing your network as you desire.
How to log in to the TP Link router using the Quick Setup
- Connect the desktop with the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Open up an internet browser of your choice and type www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar. Press enter.
- The login page will now display. You will be prompted to type in the default username and password.
The default username and password are both “admin”. The username and password are case sensitive. If the default password doesn’t work, then there is a chance that the user might have changed the default password to something else. Try logging in with any other previously set passwords. If that fails too, then the router needs to be reset in order to restore it back to its default factory settings. After the router has been reset, the user can try to login to the router using the same steps mentioned above.