TP Link provides people reliable networking devices and their accessories globally. And these devices are involved in the aspects of everyday life of the users. TP Link provides its users a stable, high performance network experience so that the users can go on with their work or pleasure in their everyday lives without any trouble. And on top of that, an easy setup as well. The TP Link routers need to be logged in before the user can personalize their network suitable for their needs. The user can simply go to www.tplinkwifi.net or search tplinkwifi net and log in using the default information specific to their router. The TP Link routers can be used for home or small businesses. They provide all the features a user can ask for.
What is www.tplinkwifi.net?
The web domain name www.tplinkwifi.net is the default web address that the router recognizes and translates it to the default IP address of the router automatically and reroutes the user to the router’s login page so that the user can login to their router without any troubles. It was a little troublesome for most users to remember the default IP addresses specific to their routers. So, TP Link made it easy for the users by introducing www.tplinkwifi.net to them. Only after logging in to the router can the user access the advanced features of the router.
Starting with your TP Link router
The TP Link routers are very easy to setup and install. It is recommended that the initial setup and installation is done through a desktop computer connected to the router with the help of an Ethernet cable. It leaves no chance for the router to get corrupted in the initial setup and installation process. The user just has to open a web browser of their choice and type www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar and hit enter. The user will then be taken to the login page of the router which will then prompt the user for the default information. The default user name and password are “admin” for both the cases. The username and password are case sensitive. After the login process, the Setup Wizard will appear. The user then can access the advanced features of the router like the Guest Network, the Parental Control feature, to change the username and password for their network, to upgrade the firmware of their router and more.
The firmware upgrade is a very important yet neglected part of the router. Most people never upgrade the firmware of their router. TP Link releases firmware updates regularly so that the user can enjoy a smooth experience without facing any issues. All the sensitive information passes through the router such as the user’s banking information when they buy something online, their private information, their emails and the passwords and more. The firmware upgrade ensures that the security on the router is up to date as well and that the router isn’t vulnerable to any potential threats. Along with the enhanced security, the firmware upgrade might also bring some bug fixes or might even add some features to the router.
Here, we will guide you with the steps required to setup and login to the TP Link routers, to reset the routers, to upgrade the firmware on the routers and to change the username and password for the routers as well so that the users can secure their network from unwanted guests.
How to setup and login to TP Link router
There are some prerequisites required for the initial setup process. They are:
- A desktop computer.
- Enough Ethernet cables for the connections required.
- An internet connection.
Here are the steps for the setup and login process:
- Connect the desktop computer to any of the LAN ports of the router. Make sure the connections are properly made and there are no loose ends.
- Now, connect the modem to the WLAN or internet port of the router. Make sure the connections are made properly.
- Turn off the computer, the modem and the router and turn them on again. Wait for the devices to finish booting up.
- Now, open up an internet browser of your choice on the desktop computer connected to the router through the Ethernet cable and type www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar. Hit enter.
- After opening www.tplinkwifi.net you will see a login page appear. The login page will ask you for the default information. The default username and password for most of the TP Link routers is “admin” for both cases. In case the default password doesn’t work, then there is a chance that the user has changed the password. Try logging in with any other previously set passwords. If that fails too, then the router needs to be reset in order to restore the router to the factory default settings.
- After logging in, the Quick Setup will appear. Click Next to get started.
- Your router has been setup and logged in. From here on, you can follow the onscreen instructions and personalize your network as you desire.
How to Reset TP Link router
The router needs to be reset In order to restore it back to its factory settings. Here are the steps required to reset the router:
- Locate the reset button on the back of the router. It might be labeled as Reset or Restore Factory Settings. The option may vary for different router models.
- Using a pin or something similar, press and hold the reset button for about ten seconds.
- After holding the reset button for ten seconds, release it. You will notice the LED lights will start flashing. After the power light has become solid, that means the router has been reset.
It is advised not to interrupt the reset process anyhow as it can corrupt the router and may even render it useless. After the reset has been completed, the router will be restored back to its factory default settings and the user can login to their router using the default information.
How to upgrade the Firmware of the router
The firmware upgrade must be done as soon as TP Link releases the newer firmware. The firmware upgrade makes sure that the router keeps working in perfect condition and that there are no troubles logging in to the router. Here are the steps required for the firmware upgrade of the router:
- Open an internet browser that is connected to the router via an Ethernet cable. Visit the TP Link support website and download the latest firmware for your router model. Make sure that you type the correct model number of your router as installing the firmware of a different model can corrupt the router.
- Save the file to the desired location on your desktop computer.
- Now, open a web browser and type www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar and hit enter.
- You will be asked to type in the default information for the router. The default username and password are “admin” for both the fields. The username and password are both case sensitive.
- The Quick Setup page will appear after you have logged in. Click System Tools.
- On the left side of the screen, you will see a Firmware tab. Click Browse.
- Now, locate the previously downloaded file in your desktop computer and click OK. Click the Upgrade button to initiate the firmware upgrade process. It will only take a couple of minutes to upgrade the firmware on the router. Once the firmware upgrade has been completed, the router will reboot itself.
It is recommended that the firmware upgrade process isn’t interrupted as it may corrupt the router and render it unusable. Once the firmware on the router has been upgraded, you can start using your router and personalize the settings as you desire.
How to change the default username and password for your TP Link router
The default username and password of the router should be changed as soon as possible because the name of your router (SSID) is visible on other devices. The user shouldn’t put up any personal information as the name of the router. So for security concerns, the default username and password should be changed. Here are the steps required to change the username and password for your TP Link router:
- Open up an internet browser of your choice that is connected to the router through an Ethernet cable.
- Type www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar and hit enter. A login page will display.
- Ether the default information when asked. The default username and password are “admin” for both cases.
- After you have logged in, the Quick Setup will appear. Click Next to get started.
- You will now see a Wireless Network Name field. Here, you can type in the new username for your network.
- Under that, you will see a Wireless Security tab. In front of the Wireless password, there will be a field. Here, you can type in the new password for your router.
- Click Next. Then click finish.
You will now be disconnected from your router. You can now connect to your router using any wireless device with the help of the new username and password and start using your internet as you desire.